Product Idea Submission
Knight & Hale is always looking for new and innovative products designed for hunters. Do you have a great idea for a new product? We can help bring it to life. Send us your info and let’s make something awesome!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF UNSOLICITED IDEAS
Plastic Research and Development Corporation d/b/a Knight & Hale (“Knight & Hale”) welcomes your new product ideas and inventions as well as your interest in our company. Because we receive disclosures of many new products each year and employ our own in-house Research and Development team which is constantly working on new products and improvements of existing products, certain precautions must be made in accepting new ideas and inventions for evaluation. In that regard, please realize that an idea that is new to you may have already been submitted to us by another party or conceived in-house by our own engineers and researchers.
Therefore, to avoid possible confusion or misunderstandings as to the origin of an idea, a definitive understanding must be reached before Knight & Hale can agree to review ideas from persons who are not employees of Knight & Hale. Accordingly, Knight & Hale will evaluate your submission only upon your review and acknowledgement of the following:
1. I hereby represent that I am the sole originator of the idea/invention, that I own the idea/invention, and that I have the legal right to negotiate with Knight & Hale concerning the submitted idea/invention.
2. I realize that my idea/invention may be partially or wholly within the public domain; that employees of Knight & Hale may have worked, or may be working on the same idea or invention, or that Knight & Hale may have received similar information from others.
3. Absent a written agreement with Knight & Hale to the contrary, I agree that I will rely solely on my rights under the Patent, Trademark and Copyright laws of the United States and that consideration of my submission to Knight & Hale shall in no way impair Knight & Hale’s right to contest the validity of my submission.
4. Absent a written agreement with Knight & Hale to the contrary, I agree that Knight & Hale has the right to
disclose the idea/invention submission to various employees and to those outside of its employ to determine the value of the submission. Therefore, the disclosure is not confidential and no confidential relationship is entered into by reason of the fact that Knight & Hale is considering the submission.
5. Absent a written agreement with Knight & Hale to the contrary, I understand that Knight & Hale is under no obligation to return submitted materials and if returned, accepts no responsibility for the safe arrival, handling or return of the submitted materials.
6. I understand that Knight & Hale assumes no obligation to evaluate the submission or to do more than to indicate whether or not the company is interested in pursuing the submission.
7. No agreement for compensation is to be implied from Knight & Hale’s consideration or review of my idea/submission. After evaluation if Knight & Hale decides to purchase, license, patent, or otherwise enter into an agreement with me, the extent of compensation will be determined by a mutual written agreement.